Wraps are such a versatile thing to have in the kitchen – and these ones are no exception. Use them for lunches, a base for a pizza or even a taco shell and you have a plant powered, protein packed wrap!
This vegan wrap is made simply with just 3 ingredients and is naturally gluten free as well as dairy free and high in protein. Simply soak your Nourish & Thrive organic lentils, place in a blender with salt and pepper then blend and pan fry.
This is our basic recipe, however you can add any herbs or spices you like to change up the flavour. Check out the great selection we have in our shop!
3/4 cup Nourish & Thrive Organic Red Split Lentils
1 1/4 cups Water
salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain your lentils thoroughly
- Place into a bowl with your water and let soak for at least 3 hours
- Place soaked lentils along with salt and pepper into a blender and blend until smooth. It should end up the consistency of a pancake batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium high heat, or if not a non-stick, add a little oil. We love our favourite Blue Coconut Oil.
- Place 1/4 cups of lentil batter at a time in your pan and cook until golden, then flip and repeat.
- Serve immediately filled with your favourite toppings or leave covered in the fridge. These wraps can also be frozen. Simply defrost them in the fridge overnight and reheat them in a pan.